Exercise and Sports Physiologist
Degree / Qualifications
- Masters in Sports Science
- Bach (Hons) Biokinetics
- Bach (Hons) Sports Science
- Bach Physical Education
- Primary Teachers Diploma
- Certificate 4 Personal Trainer
- Level 111 Australian Rugby Union Coach
- Level 4 Athletics Coach
Sports Injury Management, Rehab and Corporate Health
- 25 years experience as an exercise and sports physiologist.
- Exercise Therapy – Cardiac, Musculo-Skeletal, Diabetes (Private, Workers Compensation, Medicare Enhanced Primary Care and Division of Veteran Affairs)
- Providing Corporate Health to a number of companies such as Newcrest Mines (Cadia Valley Operations), Manildra Flour Mills (Manildra, Narrandera), TAFE Orange, Calvary Health Care Riverina Health (Pilot).
Strength and Conditioning and Coaching
- Richard has coached rugby union teams to 8 first grade premiership wins in Australia
- During 2016 Richard was inducted into the South African Athletics Coaches Hall of Fame
- Head Coach: Southern Inland Rugby Union team 2014 and 2015 (Brumbies Provincial tournaments, NSW Country Week)
- Head Coach: Brumbies Provincial Rugby Team 2014 & 2015
- Athletics Coach: including Carly Salmon T35 spints 100/ 200m
- Fitness trainer and conditioner (Biokineticist) for South African Rugby Springboks (1993),
- Strength and Conditioning Coach (Biokineticist) Natal Sharks Rugby, 3 Curie Cup wins (1990, 1992, 1995),
- South African Surfing Team (1992),
- South African Polocrosse Team (1995).
- Athletic Coach to many National and International Athletes. Amongst others:
- Mathews Temane: 21.1km world record 60:11 (1987)
- Mathews Temane: 1 mile world best altitude time 3:55.4 (1983)
- Willie Mtolo: 42.2km 2:08:15 (1986), New York Marathon winner (1992)
- Veronica Wallington : Australian Junior Mountain Road Race Champion (2007). 3rd Junior in World Mountain Road Race championships (2007). Australian schools cross-country champion (2008). Australian Junior Mountain Road Race Champion. (2008)
- Rugby Coach: Orange Emus 1st grade coach 1999 to 2003. Won 4 consecutive premierships and 1 minor premiership.
- Written and published a book on Rugby Fitness and Testing, contributed to other books and published many articles.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Australia Rugby Union Coach
- Athletics Australia
Professional and Personal Interests
- Elite sports consulting.
- Corporate Health
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Follows most sports and enjoys mountain walking