Exercise and Sports Physiologist
Degree / Qualifications
- M. Sports Science
- B. (Hons) Biokinetics
- B. (Hons) Sports Science
- B. Physical Education
- Primary Teachers Diploma
- Certificate 4 Personal Trainer
- Level 4 Australian Rugby Union Coach
- Level 4 Athletics Coach
- BEATIT accredited trainer with Diabetes NSW and ACT
- WorkCover accredited
Sports Injury Management, Rehab and Corporate Health
- 30 years experience as an Exercise and Sports physiologist.
- Exercise Therapy – Cardiac, Musculo-Skeletal, Diabetes (Private, Workers Compensation, Medicare Enhanced Primary Care and Division of Veteran Affairs)
- Providing Corporate Health to a number of companies such as Newcrest Mines (Cadia Valley Operations), Manildra Flour Mills (Manildra, Narrandera), TAFE Orange, Calvary Health Care Riverina Health (Pilot).
Strength and Conditioning and Coaching
- Inducted into the South African Athletics Coaches Hall of Fame in 2016
- Orange, NSW Sports Personality of the Year 2001.
- Fitness trainer and conditioner for South African Rugby Springboks (1993), Natal Sharks Rugby (1990, 1992, 1995) Currie Cup winner during these years, South African Surfing Team (1992), South African Polocrosse Team (1995).
- Athletic Coach to many National and International Athletes. Amongst others:
- Mathews Temane: 21.1km world record 60:11 (1987)
- Mathews Temane: 1 mile world best altitude time 3:55.4 (1983)
- Willie Mtolo: 42.2km 2:08:15 (1986), New York Marathon winner (1992)
- Helen Lucre: 3 times Comrades Marathon winner.
- Shaun Meiklejohn: 1995 Comrades Marathon winner
- Craig Lambert: sub 4 minute miler and SA National 800m runner.
- Warren Peterson well known South African Runner
- Kathy Gobbett: South African 1500m U/16 gold medal winner.
- Veronica Wallington : Australian Junior Mountain Road Race Champion (2007). 3rd Junior in World Mountain Road Race championships (2007). Australian schools cross-country champion (2008). Australian Junior Mountain Road Race Champion. (2008)
- Rugby Union Head Coach: Orange Emus 1st grade coach 1999 to 2003. Won 4 consecutive premierships and 1 minor premiership.
- Rugby Union Head Coach: South Inland Rugby Union representative Team and Brumbies Provincial Team 2014 and 2015.
- 8 times Premiership Rugby Coach.
- Written and published a book on Rugby Fitness and Testing, contributed to other books and published many articles.
Membership of Professional Associations
- Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Australia Rugby Union Coach
- Athletics Australia
- Vice President (Exercise Rehabilitation) Executive Board, Exercise and Sports Science Austrailia (ESSA) 2000/01
Professional and Personal Interests
- Elite sports consulting.
- Corporate Health
- Exercise Rehabilitation
- Follows most sports and enjoys mountain walking